Realtors and professional home-stagers know the importance of curb appeal and cleanliness when it comes to selling a house. Topping their list is sparkling clean windows. Elizabeth Weintraub at About.com writes in How To Prepare Your House For Sale:
Prepping and staging a house. Every seller wants her home to sell fast and bring top dollar. Does that sound good to you? Well, it’s not luck that makes that happen. It’s careful planning and knowing how to professionally spruce up your home that will send home buyers scurrying for their checkbooks. Here is how to prep a house and turn it into an irresistible and marketable home.
Following is her list of items for Make the House Sparkle. By the way, be sure to clean your windows after spraying down the exterior!
- Wash windows inside and out.
- Rent a pressure washer and spray down sidewalks and exterior.
- Clean out cobwebs.
- Re-caulk tubs, showers and sinks.
- Polish chrome faucets and mirrors.
- Clean out the refrigerator.
- Vacuum daily.
- Wax floors.
- Dust furniture, ceiling fan blades and light fixtures.
- Bleach dingy grout.
- Replace worn rugs.
- Hang up fresh towels.
- Bathroom towels look great fastened with ribbon and bows.
- Clean and air out any musty smelling areas. Odors are a no-no.
Clean windows help give curb appeal
Janet Wickell, also a contributor at About.com, says in her article How to Improve Curb Appeal, Home Selling Advice to Help You Attract Potential Buyers:
A large percentage of home buyers decide whether or not to look inside a house or take it seriously based on its curb appeal—the view they see when they drive by or arrive for a showing. You can help make sure they want to come inside your house by spending some time working on its exterior appearance.
Make a list of the problem areas you discovered. Tackle clean up and repair chores first, then put some time into projects that make the grounds more attractive.
Her lists includes:
- Kill mold and mildew on the house, sidewalks, roof, or driveway.
- Stow away unnecessary garden implements and tools.
- Clean windows and gutters.
- Pressure wash dirty siding and dingy decks.
- Edge sidewalks and remove vegetation growing between concrete or bricks.
- Mow the lawn. Get rid of weeds.
- Rake and dispose of leaves, even if your lot is wooded.
- Trim tree limbs that are near or touching the home’s roof.
Let us help get your house show-ready!
Getting your house ready to sell is hard work. If you want sparkling clean windows with no hassle, give us a call! We’d love to help you save time and get top-dollar for your house. Call The Window Cleaner AZ at 623-738-6064 for a free quote.